Wednesday, November 15, 2017

NaNoPITCHMo 15: I'LL BE DANCING

I've always had the idea of writing a book called I'LL BE DANCING. I was in ballet all through grade school, and dance was such a big part of my childhood. I'd love to pay tribute to my experience in ballet, and to the instructor I had for so long.

But I never really had a plot... until I sat down to come up with something and this one fell right onto the page. I think it would be pretty cool, though it's a big departure from the sort of thing I usually write.

Here's the third sci fi pitch of the week:

Mara was dancing when the news hit that They had made first contact. Suddenly her dreams of teaching dance for as long as her body allows were replaced with worry over what intelligent alien life might mean for humanity as a whole.

Mara was dancing when They landed their ships on Earth… and picked her to have the first direct communication with a life form from another world.

And Mara will continue dancing with all her strength, until the disease eating through her body kills her. She’ll dance for the peace it brings her. She’ll dance to leave her mark on a rapidly-changing world.

She’ll dance, because when she does, They speak to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment